Although vehicles in the United States have been using advanced automobile AC/heating systems, cabin air filters are a fairly recent concept when it comes to the automobiles of the rest of the world. Hence, you need not panic if you have not heard of this specific car part yet. Many of the car owners would not be familiar with the concept of cabin air filters. But if you are thinking of purchasing a new car, you might want to double check if the car model contains a cabin air filter or not. Running an eye through the car manual should give you an idea if the vehicle contains an air filter or not.
Cabin air filters are typically located in one of these three places – under the hood, near the windshield, underneath the dashboard or behind the glove compartment. Hence, if you are unsure as to whether your vehicle contains a cabin air filter, you can always check in the abovementioned places and get the confirmation regarding the same. The function of cabin air filters is to keep the air inside the cabin feeling fresh and odorless all the time. While this might seem like a trivial thing in comparison to more vital car parts like the engine or the radiator, the importance of a cabin air filter is amply felt by the one seating in the driver’s seat, especially if the person is travelling for long miles.
In addition to keeping the cabin smelling like a bed of roses, top brands which produces cabin air filter, such as K&N, Fram, Wix, atp and Beck/Arnley are electrostatically charged to capture most mold, mildew, pollen, spores, fungus and germs. They are also pre-treated to fit the exact size needed for the make and model of your car and are easy to install. In addition to that, these are specially designed to replace the stock air filter that is already set in place in your car. These technologically advanced air filters are washable and reusable that effectively cleans the incoming air. Using high quality synthetic filter media and K&N Refresher™ spray, the cabin air filters created by this brand grabs and holds dust particles. K&N cabin air filters can be purchased from Parts Avatar Canada.
While there are particular indicators that let the car owner know that the engine or brakes have given out, the only way to know that the cabin air filter of a car has stopped functioning properly is the lack of freshness in the front half of the car. Without the cabin air filter performing at the optimum level, the air inside the car’s cabin would just become stale and eventually start to stink really badly if the warning signs are not heeded and the car owner continues to use the same old cabin air filter.
Even though all the cabin air filters available on Parts Avatar Toronto are reusable and hence have an impressive longevity of life, it is recommended that one keeps servicing the particular auto part every 12 months or 12,000 miles. This ensures that that the air dispensed within the cabin of a car is always kept fresh. While you can always hire a local car mechanic to do the job for you, one can carry out the job himself too with the right set of tools and equipments. To do this, you would need a K&N Refresher Kit, which is available on Parts Avatar Ontario, and implement a few simple steps that are easy to remember and execute.
Here is a list of steps that you can follow to clean up your cabin air filter:
- First and foremost, you will need to carefully remove the air filter from the place that it is installed in your car.
- Take the cabin air filter cleaner from your K&N Refresher Kit and spray it generously on to your air filter.
- After that is done, you would need to thoroughly rinse your air filter out with water to make sure that you got rid of all the dust and dirt that was clogging the entryway of the device. Once you have done that, properly check all the nooks and crannies of your air filter to ensure that you did not leave any part untended.
- Even though it should not ideally take more than 20 or 30 minutes to dry, it is best to leave it out overnight just to be safe. You would not want any water droplets to remain entrapped inside the device, lest it leads to rust.
- All that is left for you to do is to apply K&N cabin air filter Refresher™ to the filter media.
- After you have successfully executed the last step, take the air filter and reinstall it right back to where you found it inside your car.
K&N cabin air filter cleaning kits are handy all-in-one packs that includes a complete set of cleaners that you might need to clean your cabin air filters without having to hunt for separate cleaning agents for your car. It is as affordable as it is efficient. It does its job properly, effectively cleaning out any dirt, grease or grime that might have gotten stuck to your cabin air filter. It also removes trapped mold, mildew, fungus, allergens, bacteria and other debris from it. The formula, made of biodegradable ingredients, remains effective for a long period of time, assisting the filter in eliminating the very sources of odors.